BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Dancing with the Doplhins

So Jason Taylor signed with the Miami Dolphins. He agreed to a 1-year $1.1 million contract. He could have signed almost anywhere else for more money, but decided to go back to Miami to be closer to his family.

Taylor had this to say - "My heart has always been in Miami and so I'm truly excited to call myself a Dolphin once again. I was presented with a number of different opportunities, but in the end the combination of this being the best situation for my family, my love for this community and my tremendous loyalty to a great organization made this an easy decision."

Nothing against Taylor or his decision..but it is obvious that he is ready to be done with football. He doesn't want to participate in team offseason programs, he doesn't want to play for the best team in the NFL, and he doesn't want to make much money. At 34 Jason Taylor is getting a little old and he might be nearing the end of his career, but he could still be an above-average linebacker. The problem is he doesn't want to work.

There is nothing wrong with putting family before work or football; Taylor is a good player and will be a leader on any team he plays for. I would love for him to be a Patriot, but I am almost glad he went somewhere else. I just don't feel like his is ready to give 100% on the field.

0 comments: