BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 11, 2009

If I Were Scott Walker, I Would Suspend Myself






For those of you who didn't see Scott Walkers cheapshot on Aaron Ward, check out the video above.

The game was almost over and the Bruins were up 4-0, and a little scrum breaks out. Aaron Ward gets Matt Cullen a little high with his forearm (pretty standard in NHL scrums), and out of nowhere Scott Walker comes in and sucker-punches Ward in the face.

I have no problem with fighting in hockey, I actually think it is great for the game and the NHL, but a fight, to me, is when two opponents engage each other and drop their gloves. This was not a fight. In no way was Ward trying to fight Walker. The Bruins were content with their victory, and didn't want to get involved in the Hurricane's shenanigans. The 'Canes were mad because they got destroyed in the game, but there is no excuse for what Walker did.

As a Bruins fan, part of me wishes that the refs would have let Milan Lucic go off on Scott Walker. I cannot imagine the damage Lucic would have done if Ward had not gotten up from the ice. Unfortunately, Walker probably won't get his face pounded in by Lucic because the Bruins cannot afford to have him suspended again. But I can promise you someone will deal with Scott Walker.

If I were Scott Walker, I would be scared to step on the ice.

0 comments: